Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All I want for Christmas is my TWO front teeth!


At Sadie's 18 month doctors visit he was looking at her teeth. He asked me how the other girls got there teeth. I told him that Lily got her first tooth at 13 months, and Emma got hers at 11 months. And even though they started getting teeth late they did get them all. Sadie got her first tooth at 15 months. He was looking at her and then said, " I don't think she has any front top teeth." He explained to me that most kids get there teeth in a pattern. She had all her bottom ones and her two year molars but only her eye teeth on top. The doctor looked at her and said "Sadie at least you are really cute!" With her teeth really coming down she is starting to look a little weird. She has both of her eye teeth on top, but nothing in the middle of them. The doctor was just hopeful that she would have her adult front teeth, though he said that we will not know that until she is at least 3. So I keep saying to her that all she really wants for Christmas is your TWO front teeth! (If you click on the picture you can see the missing teeth a little better!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that shee looks so cute! Will they just wait for adult teeth or give her something temporary for baby teeth? Can she eat?

Sarah said...

Well the doctor said that when she is three we will do x-rays to see what is there, and depending on what we find we will go from there. She can eat, though I am pretty careful on what she gets. She does not eat a lot of meat.

Jennie said...

Sarah, she is soooo cute! How can anyone resist that face. I love how happy she looks in this picture. I hope that she will get her adult teeth though. It won't be as cute when she's twenty and has no front teeth.