Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life never stops going......


Sorry everyone that it has taken me so long to update! Life has been crazy! Lily, Ethan and I all pulled out of Billings on Monday 8th. We both cried almost the whole way to my moms. It was so hard to leave. We all stayed at my moms for a week. It was so much fun! The first couple of days were cold and raining, but then it got a little warmer. One of the days we were at my moms we went into Yellowstone Park one last time. It was so much fun, and very bitter sweet. We saw two big black bears, baby elk, and a fox. The rest of the time we just played in the tree house, went for walks along the creek, went looking of cool rocks, and got very dirty! It was one of the best weeks ever. (Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Stu) On Saturday the 13th we pulled out of my moms. 4 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats and me. We all cried pretty hard. I knew that we would be seeing Josh soon, but it was just so hard to leave behind Montana.

Montana was one of the best moves we have ever made. As a family we grew so much. At times it was hard with Josh being gone so much, but still I find that I wouldn't have trade it. I grew as a women/wife/mother. The kids got a little older, cuter and maybe wiser. We had Ethan there! We had great doctors that helped us bring him into this world safely. We had/have great friends there that will always hold special places in our hearts. Sorry, but Montana has the BEST stars! We all loved looking at them at night. Montana will always hold a very special place in our hearts.

I drove from my moms to my sisters in Utah on the first day. It was SO HARD. The kids did pretty well until about 3 hours away from my sisters. At that point in the driving I wanted to jump out of the car. We had fun at my sisters seeing everyone. Zack and Jake were so cute with Ethan. Thank you again sister for letting us stay. The next morning I packed everyone back in the car and drove the rest of the way! It wasn't as bad simply because it wasn't as long as a drive. When we pulled into our new driveway and saw Josh and it made it seem all worth it. We were all so happy to see him! On Monday the movers showed up with all of our stuff, and then the crazy started. It took them most of the day to unload everything. Josh had to bounce back and forth from the house and work. Ethan cried pretty much all day. Why we don't know! Josh's parents did come to help. (Thank you so much!)

After everyone was gone, the kids were in bed and Josh was home I just sat down and cried. I think that it was kind of my way of finally letting go. For so long I have had to keep it all together and now it was done. The month I had to do myself was over. All of our stuff had made it down here. We were back as a family!

It took us about a week to unpack everything and find homes for it all. So we are unpacked and starting our new chapter in Nevada! We are now trying to get use to HOT days! Crazy lizards, (the kids are trying so hard to catch one) and new faces at church.

Josh's family all lives in Las Vegas which is only about a hour away from us, so that has been really fun to see them more. Yesterday the kids and I went swimming at Aunt Valerie's and had a great time. (apart from the crazy wind)

So all in all we are doing great! It is always hard to go to a new place, but we are trying our best. Thank you to everyone that has helped us out! We can't say enough how much we appreciate it. We will keep you all updated on how things are doing!

7 comments:

Dart said...

A good friend of mine used to live in Bunkerville. There is a outdoor park that has water that squirts up out of the ground. And it's free! I hope you are able to adjust quickly.

Valerie said...

We are glad that you are settled! I hope that all goes well with the offer on your house too! That is so exciting!
YOur house looks really cute too! Not the same as every other house! In Nevada you get that alot.:)

Jennie said...

I love all the pictures. The one with Lily and her horse makes me a little sad that she won't be able to go very often to ride her. I like your new house. It even has grass!! I hope you will be happy. It just takes time. We'll have to figure out a time to come visit when it's not so hot you melt just sitting there. Good luck my friend!

Amy said...

I think that Montana was fabulous for you guys too. I hope that Mesquite will be as well! Can't wait to see you. Sorry again that I had to cancel the other day.

Alli Waldron said...

i know how you feel. when i finally got to texas i had a few moments of thinking, "what the hell did i just do?"

Montana Grandma said...

I am so happy that you sound settled with ALL of your family.
Stu and I miss you all very much, lots of moisture in my eyes but I will be fine. I just don't want the kids to grow up to much until I see them again. I Love you more than I can say and I am so proud of what you have done and continue to do.

Christina said...

It is good to hear that you made it to hot hot Nevada. If you ever make it to St. George we will have to try and meet up. Best of luck continuing the unpacking and adjusting:)