Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tigger

When we moved here Josh and I were worried how Tigger would take the move. He wouldn't have a yard anymore to run around in and the crazy heat! Well what we had feared came true.

Tigger started taking the turn for the worst. We had to do something that had to be one of hardest thing I have had to do in a long time. We had to put our best friend Tigger down. The night before the whole thing happen we sat the kids down and told them. We told them that he was sick and that we were taking him somewhere they could make him better. Lily and Emma cried so hard. I just held them and we all just cried.


The next morning we took pictures with him, and said our goodbye's. He could have lived another year or so, but Josh and I didn't want him to suffer anymore. We only had him a little over 2 years, but they were 2 great years!


Tigger we love you, and know that you are very much missed! You were part of our family, and we will always be so grateful for the time we had with you. Sitting on our laps as a puppy! Running wild at grandma's! Driving Abby (the cat) crazy! Trying to sleep with Lily in her bed! Going for long walks! We love you Tigger and miss you tons!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, Sarah. I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved Tigger - and I'm sure he will be very missed. I hope you're all recovering.

Jennie said...

Wow, I'm trying very hard not to cry right now. I somehow missed this post earlier. This brings back so many memories of when we had to put my dog down days before Clara was born. That has been the HARDEST decision I've ever had to make and I still cry when I think about it. Like I am right now. I hope you all are okay and if you need to talk, let me know. I love you guys!

Valerie said...

What a hard thing to do. I think that you made the right choice though. It is so hard to watch them suffering. We have done that with two dogs. Very sad.