Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HOLDING that little hand......


As parents we all have those little fears. One of your kids is going to brake a bone. One will be teased, lose the race, won't be picked for a game. As parents we also have those big fears. They get stolen, we pick up the phone of hear their was a accident, or we sit at the doctors office and have the doctor say "I am sorry but your son has a diseases. He isn't healthy, and he isn't growing."

At that moment in time your heart drops. You aren't sure if you want to cry, scream, or hit something. All you can think about is that sweet little boy and his smiling face. How you held him late at night when we was sick. Wiped his tears away when he fell. Sat and readied to him, and held his little hand. Gave him loves for no reason! All of this was going through my mind yesterday as I sat and listen to the doctor say "Ethan has a diseases. He isn't healthy and he isn't growing."

The rest of the day yesterday I ran around with Ethan getting labs done, and talking with more doctors. So last night when we finally made it home and I finally got to sit down the tears started.

We have some questions answered, more test to run, more un-answered questions, more doctors appt, but for right now I am just going to sit and hold my baby boy!

Ethan, dad and I love you so much! The road that we are heading down is going to be long. I wish I could say that it won't hurt or that you won't cry. But please know that we will hurt with you and cry with you! You are not alone! Mom and Dad will be here to HOLD that little hand all the way! We love you little guy! :)

10 comments:

Toshia said...

Sarah,
I am thinking of you and hoping they figure everything out quickly. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!

Kim said...

Oh Sarah!
I'm SO sorry.This just breaks my heart.
I will pray for your beautiful boy and I wish I could do more.
Love you from here

Becky said...

Sarah, that brings tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this! You are right, we just need to cherish every day and hold our little ones tight; they are so precious!

Amy said...

I am so sorry for you. That is definitely never what you are hoping to hear from the doctor. Call me if you need me to help with the other kiddos while you do appointments in Vegas or if you need to cry during lunch :)

Ashley Sullenger said...

You'll be in our prayers tonight!!

Remember, You can do hard things!

Christina said...

Sorry to hear about your little guy. He sure is a cutie and all you need to do is just keep on loving and hugging him tight. I hope you get some answers soon.

Jennie said...

Sarah, you are making my heart break. I hope you get your answers. I think it's the partial knowledge that is the worst. They know something is wrong, but not to what extent and those darn labs always seem to take forever for the results. I'm praying they come quickly with the best news possible. I love you. Call me if you need/want to talk.

Alli Waldron said...

We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers!

Lindsay said...

Sarah - sarah, sarah. I'm so sorry. I'm crying over here (literally) for you and your sweet little Ethan...but I'm hopeful that they'll find the answer quickly and it will end up being easy to manage. I love you!

kitsmommy said...

Sarah,

I found your blog through a comment you left on the Sullenger's blog. I am so sorry that your family is going through this and I will be keeping your little one in my thoughts and prayers.