Sunday, November 28, 2010

The fight of our lives



I know that I am not good about updating my blog these days. Life around here is just crazy! Like always....plus with the holidays. We had a nice quite Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving also.

A little update about Ethan....He is doing ok. When Ethan doesn't eat he has crazy poop, and throws up. And well, today was one of those days! We are waiting to hear back on when his stem test is. GHD is very very expensive!!!! It topically runs around $30,000 a year. That is just for Ethan's treatments not anything else. Our insurance is fighting us all the way too. They don't want to pay for any of it or any more tests.

The other day I sat down and read some stories of families that have a child with the same medical problem as Ethan does. In one way it brings hope to me knowing that we won't be doing this alone. Though in another to read of all these families have had to go through is hard.

With the holidays here Josh and I have felt the pressure HARD!!! Our insurances is fighting us with everything they have to not cover Ethan's tests and treatments. There have been days were I have just felt like running away. There has been days where all I have do is cried. Days were I am mad and days were I don't really feel anything. To Josh and I their is NO price on Ethan's life! He is are sweet, cuddle, smiling little boy! Without his treatments Ethan would be lucky to live to 19. So why doesn't the insurance pay for them? That is a question I ask myself everyday.

Ethan, dad and I will stop at nothing! We will fight with everything we have. We will do anything we have too to win! We love you and giving up is not happening! We are in the FIGHT OF OUR LIVES!!!


P.S. Thank you for listing!
One of the mom's I have talked to said that it is always good to write down how you are feeling and get it out, or it will eat you a up. So sorry some posts might be like this.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Sarah I am so sorry that this is going to be so hard to get approved. Keep fighting. My brother has said many times that sometimes insurance companies won't cover something just to see if you will fight it. He's told me that if they deny you twice on the same bill or issue that's when you need to get a lawyer because they won't budge. Good luck! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to vent or someone to listen call me. I love you and miss you!

Travis and Celena said...

So sorry that you are going through a hard time and that the insurance companies think they can pick and choose what they will cover. We don't pay monthly for years on end only to have them back out when we need the insurance the most. There is a reason why we pay and I can't stand it when they fight you.
Our prayers are with you and I hope everything works out for the best. Oh and writing about everything you feel is one of the best things. Don't stop doing it if it helps.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your trials Sarah.
You're not alone, even if you feel that way sometimes.
A lot of people love you, and are praying for you and your sweet little boy.
Does his condition have a name?

Montana Grandma said...

Thanks for giving us the time with you and your family this past week. I guess I really needed to see Ethan for myself to know he is doing ok. He is such a little doll and I can't wait until the next visit. I love and miss you all very much