My children surprise me all the time. They are always saying stuff that makes me laugh. The other day I was at the store with the girls. They asked if we could go look at the toys. I said yes. Though I did have to remind them that we were just "LOOKING" The girls love to look at all the toys and say "Oh can I get this when it is my birthday." I just always smile.
It is always fun when I am looking at the toys with my girls, and see one that I used to play with. I always tell the girls "Mommy used to play with this." It is fun to remember when time was simple and not so crazy. Well we were walking down by the My Little Pony's, and I noticed that they have brought back the original My Little Pony's.
"Lily, these are the My Little Pony's that I used to play with."
Lily just looked at them in a kind of funny way.
"Mom, what is wrong with them?
"What, there isn't anything wrong with them."
"Yes there is!"
"What?"
"They look so sad."
I had to stop myself from not laughing. Though she did have a point, they did look kind of sad. Lily looked up at me and said,
"Mom why would you play with something that looks so sad. I like the other ones better."
All of a sudden it made me feel old. It remind me that you sure do look at things a lot different when you are a kid.
I love my girls to death. Though there are time that they make me very mad, but I would not change being a mom for anything in the world. My girls make life a lot more fun!
2 comments:
My Little Ponies, sad? Oh dear...I guess I'll have to look a little more closely next time!
Okay, so in defense of these poor little ponies, they actually aren't the "original" ponies. My mom kept all of mine for me and Katherine LOVES them. She has overtaken ownership and they are no longer mine. But to make my point they are happy, and cheerful. I don't understand why the ones that the have out now as the "originals" look sad because they look nothing like what I have. And if you ask me the fuzzy ponies and the flutter ponies are the best!! :0)
Post a Comment