The Brummett household has been really crazy. We had our big ultrasound, and he looks great. Yep it is still a boy. Josh and I were both a little nerves before. Seeing how they told us with Lily that she was a boy at first. He wasn't being very good during the ultrasound though. He was really moving. The tech was having a very hard time getting good pictures. He had his hands in his face the whole time too. He was sucking on his fingers pretty much the whole time. It was really cute to see! Once again Josh and I got really excited about having a boy!
The girls are doing okay. We have been having some trouble with being nice to each other. I know that kids fight, but I am getting REALLY tired of it. Emma is almost always in some sort of dress up. She would live in them if I let her. And really most of the time she is in one. Lily is loving school, and doing very well. She is reading already. It has been really fun to sit down and read with her. Although Josh and I can't spell words around her anymore. (You know when you spell words that you don't want your kids to know.) Lily now can says what we just spelled. Very fun to have, but not fun at the same time. Sadie is very busy. She has a birthday coming up, and she is SO hitting the "terrible two's". In the morning she will go through everyone and ask where they all are. "Mommy, Lily?" "Sadie she is at school." "Mommy, Daddy?" "He is at work." and so on. It is really funny. She has to know where everyone is. Emma is Sadie's best friend. She loves Emma. Always wanting to be with her. It is very sweet.
So there is a little of what has been going on in our house. I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband, three great girls, and a little boy on the way. Just like in all life's we have our ups and downs. But for the most part we have up days. I am very thankful to my Heavenly Father for my great family! Josh has been so understanding lately. Thank you Josh! Keep smiling! :)
3 comments:
Sarah, I'm glad that everything is going so well with your little guy. I hope everything keeps going well for you. I'm sorry that the girls have been fighting lately it's hard to deal with. I need to call and talk to you. I miss you. Maybe I will call you tomarrow while I'm doing laundry. That way I won't be bored senseless.
I have been reading an awesome book and they talk about when kids fight to tell them that it drains your energy and they have to do chores to restore your energy. One mom tells her kids that for every minute she has to hear fighting she charges 2 dollars. They can pay her with money or chores or with a favorite toy.
That way they parents don't have to freak out and the kids are able to make the choice for themselves. It sounds like it is very effective. And much less frustrating. Good luck! I know that contention really causes me stress!
Once again we are so excited for your little boy! We are already super excited for December! It should be really fun!
I'm so glad that everything's perfect with your little boy. And, if you ever figure out how to stop the fighting between your girls, please let me know how!
Post a Comment