Sunday, May 18, 2008
Girls Weekend
Josh is normally home on the weekends but this last weekend Josh had to be gone. :( The girls and I packed up and went to my mom's. It was really fun, though I learned something new about my girls. Saturday we went on what my mom called "An Adventure" We went down by the river and threw rocks in. It doesn't sound like much fun but to a 6, 4, and 2 year old it was a blast (at first)! We got to this one part and had to go across the creek to get to the river. Well, Lily thought it was really cool that we were going to get wet, and muddy! Emma and Sadie, on the other hand, were not to sure about that part. The water was really, really cold. Emma walked across and because her feet were wet, when she stepped in the dirt they got all muddy. She started to cry about that a little. Then Sadie went across and she was screaming because she was all wet and muddy. We also had the dogs with us. My mom's lab (Jackson) and our great dane(Tigger). The two of them were running around in and out of the water getting us all even more wet. Lily laughed the whole time, but Emma and Sadie did not. So by the time we got back to grandmas we needed baths! Right now these bugs called "May Flys" are out. They are every where and Sadie was scared to death of them. She wouldn't go outside because of them. When we finally got her outside she screamed because they were landing on her. So, to make a long story short, we really did have a great time! I learned that Emma does not enjoy getting dirty much and Sadie HATES it. She also hates bugs! She was sitting on my lap and wouldn't get down because there were ants on the ground that she could see. I never thought that I would have really girly girls, but I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I Love your comments on what we did this weekend. I really enjoyed our adventure even if it wasn't even a 1/4 of a mile from the house. Can't wait for Memorial Weekend. Love you all !!!
How much fun!! It is amazing how entertained kids are by rocks, empty boxes,you know the fun toys!!
Cute pictures! What is it about girls vs. boys and DIRT?!
Post a Comment