Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend


In between conference today the kids and I thought it would be fun to play with the camera. As you can see we had a good time. Things are going well here. Everyone is feeling pretty good. Lily has a little bit of a cold, but all in all she is doing pretty good. Emma is good. The pavement and her had a fight the other day and well the pavement won. We are all very surprised that she doesn't have a black eye. Sadie is well Sadie. She is busy, busy, busy! Ethan will be two month in two days! It is just so crazy that he is already two months. He can only fit newborn clothes. None of his 0-3 months stuff fits yet. Someday, right? He has his two month appt. on Thursday. So we will see how much he weighs. My guess is that he is almost 8 pounds. It is kind of crazy. My sister-in-law, her baby is a little over 3 months old, and he weighs 17 pounds. I keep telling Julie that Nick needs to come up and show Ethan how to gain weight. We will all be together at Thanksgiving, and it will be funny to see the two of them together.

Conference was so good! The kids all did really good too. Lily and Emma sat and listened really well. They were sitting their coloring, but did really well. Sadie on the other hand didn't do as well, but she is little. Plus, she doesn't even sit well in church so I didn't expect much. And our little Ethan was great! :) The prophets talk in the morning session was so good. All the talks were really good. Lately I have kind of felt like why try. Church is just so hard. Sadie never sits for sacrament. Ethan always needs to eat just as we get to church. Lily the other day didn't want to go to primary. I have to get all the kids ready in the mornings by myself because Josh has meetings. Our church starts at 9am too. I know the church is true, but right now in life it is just hard to go and listen, and get anything out of it. So today I didn't have any great expectations. Though today I got more then I have in a long time. I think the best part of today was that I remember why I do, and should keep trying. Even though there are days that I don't want to go to church, or sit out in the hall with Sadie screaming at me, I should. I DO have a testimony. I believe in Heavenly Father. I know he hears and answers my prays. I have a beautiful, health baby boy. Ethan had all the odds against him. I am thankful for all my kids. My girls make me so happy. I love my husband very much. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for letting me be part of there lives. I am so thankful to him for helping me bring our 4 kids into this world. All of you know that having my kids was not easy for him. I had to kind of laugh at my OB. She said, "Now Sarah this is not my place, but I feel like I need to tell you that REALLY you SHOULDN'T have anymore kids. Your body couldn't do this again." I just smiled at her, and agreed. Plus, 4 kids is hard! I love them all very much, but wow 4 is HARD!

I am just so thankful to be part of this wonderful church! Conference was perfect. I am thankful that we can see it in our home. I want my family to know how much I love them. And my wonderful husband, Josh I love you! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I agree with you - sometimes going to church is hard! I really enjoyed the R.S. broadcast last weekend too. Sometimes it is amazing how the speakers seem to be talking just to you!

Jennie said...

Oh Sarah, I can understand how you must feel. It sometimes is so hard to do everything you need to do and when you aren't getting anything out of church because you are either in the hall or the mother's lounge it makes you wonder why you even bother. I have to say that I respect you for getting 4 children and yourself ready before 9. I can't do that and I only have 2 children to worry about. I really enjoyed the talk that he talked about his son after the snow storm and he said to his mom, "I hope you know I'm having a hard time." Wow, I feel like that more times than I could count. Heavenly Father I hope you know I'm having a hard time. It was great having a chance to finally feel uplifted and feel some hope. I look forward to getting the ensign next month so I can review everything. I love you Sarah. You are an amazing mother and your girls are great. I was really impressed with how good they were when I was watching them while you were at the hospital. If you need to talk call me!

Lindsay said...

I loved that conference seemed to be centered around 'how to be happy through all of our trials'. I think the prophets understand all of our struggles more than we think - and I thought they did such a great job expressing that this weekend. You've been dealt a tough hand of cards, but I think you handle it beautifully. Your family is so beautiful, and their smiles are so genuine in the pictures you take of them. Great Job, Sarah! I love you!

Christina said...

I can't even imagine having 4 kids so you are a trouper;) Your kids are all so cute!
I think most mom have a hard time at church with small children. They make it very hard to listen and feel of the spirit. Someday they will be old enough to be quiet and listen too, but sometimes it doesn't seen like it will ever happen. I wish you the best with everything and have a good week:)