
Our little Ethan! Well first of I think he is the cuties little thing in the world. :) He is doing okay. I wouldn't say great. He is 6 months old. It some ways it seems like forever ago I had he but in other ways it doesn't. He is having a hard time gaining weight. He is 6 months old and only weighs 13lb. He was on the charts at the 5% but now he is off the charts again. So his doctor did some blood work. Everything thing came back okay. The only thing is that his red blood cells are very small in size. I never knew that it matter the size of them, but I guess it does. The doctor said that he isn't worried about it right now because he has enough red blood cells.

Ethan is seeing a specialist that deals with eating and mouth problems. We see her on Tuesday. His doctors doesn't think that he has a problem, but they would like to start there. We all would just like him to start to gain weight. I hear so many times "Oh you must love having a small baby!" No I don't! I much rather have a chubby kid. I am ALWAYS worrying about how much he eats, and if he is getting enough. Some days he eats great and then other days he only eats 15oz. It is very frustrating! Ethan is now into 3 -6 months clothes. Although for pants he is just now into 0-3 months. It hasn't been very easy to dress him. Though he just went to size 2 diapers. YAY!!! I know we get happy about small things here.

When we went to the doctors about a weeks ago he wasn't rolling at all. But as you can see he is now rolling from his tummy to his back, but not the other way yet. We are really hopeful that he does by his 9 month appointment. If he isn't or sitting up by himself then we have another problem. So as you can see he is happy, and for the most part healthy. Just a weight problem, and a little behind! We really have enjoyed having a boy. He is so different from our girls. Very mellow, easy going, and just a great baby! He really never cries, which is nice, and so weird at the same time. Our girls were NEVER like this. So it is a change for us all! We will keep you all posted to how he doing. We love you little guy!
6 comments:
Oh, he really is too cute for words!
What cute pictures! I hope he starts growing for you, too...I'm sure you're worried all the time. He really is such a cute kid -
I love the new look of your blog, too!
He is a cute baby. I can understand how frustrating it would be for your baby to not grow. Sometimes I wish Devon wouldn't grow so much. Some baby's take longer to get on track than others. Hopefully He will start to progress.
Oh Sarah, what a doll, I miss you guys a ton and can't wait till can drive again and come and spend some time with all of you. So don't move yet!
He is a very cute baby and very cute pictures. Hope things get better and hope he starts gainig weight.
Oh, what a cute little guy:) I love how in the first picture there is a stream of drool hanging from his chin!
It must be a little frustrating that he isn't gaining weight when you are trying so hard. I hope that he will just decide to eat better for you:)
Post a Comment