Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Bedroom


BEFORE
So when we were moving we said that we were going to get a new bed set and a bigger bed. We had a queen and a very nice bed set that we had gotten from my parents but, with all of our wonderful children trying to sleep with us all the time we needed a bigger bed. So when we didn't move, Josh and I decided that we will go ahead and do it anyway.
AFTER
We painted the room as well as got a new bed set! We love it! The first time we got in bed though Josh and both noticed that the bed was REALLY big. This morning Lily, Sadie, Josh and I were all in the bed together. And it really wasn't to bad. All of our children have their own beds, but for some reason they rather sleep with us, and they have learned to be very sneaky about it. Instead of waking us up and asking if they can, they just wiggle in. I can't count how many times I have woke up with a kid or kids next to me. So hopeful now Josh and I will be able to sleep just a little better if they do that. Aren't kids so much fun! :)

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow that looks AWESOME!! I really love the blue walls. It totally warms the room right up. The sleigh bed looks great in there too. The only problem is with a new bedset where are you going to hide the toys in time out? Enjoy your new space. Are you still going to redo Sadie and Emma's room?

Christina said...

Looks so comfortable and I like paint color. It looks like aside from the kids you have a cat(s) that like to share as well. Maybe you should just have keep the queen and put it next to the king and have a giant bed...probably not.

Amy said...

Did you just paint the room to or has it always been that color? I really like it - wierd right? Your bedroom set is fabulous, But you know what the real solution to having your bed feel bigger is? Making your kids sleep in their own bed :) Just kidding - I just had to get that in :)

Lindsay said...

That looks BEAUTIFUL! I love the wall color - and I've always wanted a sleigh bed. Maybe someday. :) Seriously, though, everything looks fantastic - - - even down to the bookshelf.

Chelle said...

I love it! The room looks so comfortable! I love the color of the walls. Well done!

Valerie said...

I love your comforter. I tried to get Jeremy convinced to get somethinf similar. But he hates blue and brown together. He says it reminds him of the 70's so I gave up. I did buy a new comforter with my Birthday money though. I will have to take a picture.

How fun!