Thursday, July 16, 2009

Doing something right!

I have found myself thinking a lot about my kids. I always think about them, but lately I have been worried if I am being a good mom. Lily is only 5 months away from turning 8! Our little girl isn't so little anymore. She start 2nd grade next month. She has been loosing her teeth. Lily doesn't want me to do her hair anymore. "Mom I am big enough. I can do it myself." (such happy words for a mom to hear yet very sad at the same time) I have noticed that she is starting to need me less and less. In someways I love it and others it is very sad for me. She was my first girl/first baby, and she will always be that no matter how old she gets!

Josh had the day off today and we were all just sitting in the living room this morning. Lily was sitting next to Josh watching him do something. Lily came over to me and wanted to sit in my lap. She told me this...."Mom, last night I was in bed and I forgot to say my prayers. So I got out of bed and got down on my knees and said my personal prayers. After I felt the Holy Ghost. It was so cool. I felt all warm inside and I knew that my Heavenly Father loved me very much!" I started to cry and told Lily how much I loved her, and was very thankful that she had that experience. She gave me a big huge, told me that she loved me, and then hopped off my lap. As she walked away from me I thought "Ok, well I guess we are doing something right." I am not always the most patented mom. I sometimes let the little things bug me, but I try really hard to be the best! I have a wonder mom to look too. She has always been there for me no matter! I love you mom!

There are days that I might not be the best. I always tell the kids that I am sorry if I got mad or upset at them. I always tell my kids that we are in this together. I might make mistakes, they might mistakes but the key is to never give up on each other. I love our kids so much. Lily, Emma, Sadie, and Ethan I love you so much, and I am so thankful to be your mom!

9 comments:

Becky said...

I have heard a quote that says (I'm paraphrasing): "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in the ways of the Lord" (or something similar, but more eloquently stated!) It must be so wonderful to hear Lily say that about her prayers--I am already wondering how we are going to teach Caleb about the gospel, but I guess it will come. In answer to your question, he is about 30" and 20 lbs. He was in the 75% for height and 25% for weight at his last check up. He has always been long and skinny!

BarbaraJo said...

What a good mom! Your kids are darling. Lily reminds me a lot of you! So cute!

Knight Bliss said...

I only remember to take them because of the "Project 52" The photographer I take my girls to challenged all of us to take one picture a week and post it somewhere for a full year. She is going to draw someone's name at the end and they get free sessions or money off a session I cant remember oh and she is going to put all their pics in a nice book for them. It is hard as moms to ever get in front of the camera so this is a good thing to do.

Amy said...

How awesome! So is what you are saying is that I should keep trying with me children and one day I will get the reward???

Anna Wilson said...

That is so sweet. Your kids are adorable. I think Heavenly Father sends us those moments as little bits of encouragement. So that we know we are "doing something right!"

Jennie said...

That is so awesome. I'm glad that you had a feel good day for a change. I can't believe Lily is that old. It seems just like yesterday I was visiting the two of you in the hospital. You really are a great mom Sarah. Keep up the great work!

Kim and Linda said...

I read your comment on my blog the other day about your friendship with my daughter Amy. I wasn't sure where the best place to respond. It truly is a blessing to have a friendship like you and Amy have. You two have weathered all types of storms and are doing great. What a cute family you have!

Valerie said...

I know that the Lord sends us little moments to let us know he thinks we are doing a great job! What a blessing!
Sweet Lily!

Travis and Celena said...

That is such a sweet story! You are a great mom and you have a beautiful family. Congrats on your oldest getting baptized.