Sorry everyone life just doesn't seem to be slowing down at all! Ethan a week ago turned one! Thanks to Aunt Valerie we have some really great pictures. I will get them up soon! (Thank you again Val!) So Ethan's birthday weekend we had so much going on. The 7th (Friday) was Ethans birthday. We had a big party planned! Saturday really early in the morning we were going to drive up to Mike and Julies for sweet Lexi baptism. Then on Sunday morning we had to leave really early to get back home, and then to Vegas because Josh's little brother was being ordained a Elder. So as you can see we had a very busy weekend.
The Tuesday before all of this stuff I started to not feel so great. By that night I knew I was getting the flu. I was really upset because as we all know moms don't get breaks. By Wednesday morning I was SO sick. I have never been that sick ever! I pretty much just laid in bed ALL day! (I need to say thank you to my girls! Lily was so good. She changed Ethan's diapers for me put him down for naps, and fed everyone lunch. Really I have great kids!!!!) I couldn't even get out of bed, well except for going to say hello to the toilet. By Wednesday night I thought ok well maybe if I get a good night sleep I will feel better in the morning. Thursday I had a ton of stuff to do to get ready for Ethan's party as well as pack us to go. Well Thursday morning came and I got up thought I was starting to feel better but no such luck. I had stopped throwing up, but I started passing out. I walked out of the bathroom and woke up on my floor with Lily standing over me. Sweet Lily was so scared. She grabbed my cell and called my mother-in-law, asking her to come and help me. My mother-in-law said she would come as soon as she could, but she lives in Vegas about a hour away. So somehow someone got a hold of Josh. He came rushing home to take me to the Emergency Room. Long story short......7 doctors, 4 IV's, two different city's, (Mesquite, Las Vegas) all with in 12 hours I didn't have the flu at all. My gall bladder was not working. It was dumping everything into my stomach which was making me very sick. I spent the night in the hospital with them running test. The doctors were trying to decided if they should take my gall bladder out. By Friday around noon my gall bladder had calmed down and started working again. They decided to let me eat and see how it went. I was pretty happy about that, seeing how I hadn't eaten anything since Tuesday. The doctors said that since my gall bladder had calmed down they weren't going to take it out. Plus Friday was Ethan's 1st birthday so I wanted to go home and be with my family. I kept food down so they let me go by Friday afternoon. My wonderful mother-in-law put together a birthday party for Ethan. (Thank you so much!!!!) So even though I felt like someone had ran me over a thousand times Ethan got to have a party!!! Thank you everyone who helped out! Josh and I decided to just stay in Vegas in case I started not to feel well. Plus we needed to be there for Jared thing on Sunday night. (We are very proud of you Jared! Good Job!!!) After the meeting we went back home. It was so nice to be home. It has taken me about a week to get feeling normal again. Plus the house was a little messy with me being so sick that I have had to clean it up.
Everyone else is doing great! Lily and Emma start school in a week and half. Sadie starts pre-school the first of September. Ethan is still VERY small! He was only 16 pounds 7 ounces at 9 months. Now at 1 he is only 17 pounds even. So really he didn't gain much if anything. So we are working on that right now, and I will keep you all updated on it. Josh's job is going really well just really stressful! On the 7th we closed on our house! We were so excited to not have to be paying for two houses.
So that is what has been going on! I will try to get the pictures of Ethan's birthday up soon. Like I said life just doesn't seem to be slowing down!!!!
5 comments:
Oy Sarah!
Actually, I'm wondering how you got Lily to learn how to change diapers. Both of my girls refuse, and Hailey is nine!
What a great helper you have-sweet Lily.
I'm glad that Lily is such a good helper. I know Katherine was the one to call my mom when I was so sick a few months ago. I'm glad that you are doing okay now. I can't believe Ethan is 1 now! It blows me away he is only 17 pounds. That was so nice of Josh's mom to put together a party for him. I'm also excited that you sold you house. Blessings do come your way my friend!
It is great to have your oldest be a girl. Mackenzie is 4 and loves to put her dishes in the sink. When I wasn't feeling well, I asked Mackenzie to change Erika's diaper. It was pretty funny. I had to get up and show her how to do it. Moms are not supposed to get sick but somehow it always happens. I am glad you are feeling better.
Totally cute blog! I found your blog through facebook, but couldn't find your account on there. This is the link to my account. Please add me http://www.facebook.com/sarah.moffitt?ref=name.
That is so crazy! I am glad they found out what was going on and you are feeling much better. Hopefully it slows down for you after school starts.
Post a Comment