Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Camping

The week right before school stated our friends were taking there kids camping for one last fun thing before school started. They invited us to come with. We had a great time. Josh wasn't able to get off work early so we didn't get up there until dark. That was so much fun putting a tent up in the dark! Josh and Bryan did a great job though. The first night we were camping we all froze! It was so cold, and we just weren't thinking it was going to get that cold. I felt so bad for Ethan. He woke up in the middle of the night so cold. I rapped him in my blanket and stuck his feet next to my skin. His toes were so cold. It took them almost a hour to warm up. (I know not one of my best mother moments) So the next morning my girlfriend and I got up and went into town to get more blankets. The next night we were a lot warmer!
We took all the kids to this cave by our campsite. It was so much fun. As you can see the way you go in is a lot bigger then the way you come out. All the kids went through it. (Except the babies Ethan, and Jamie) Josh and Bryan took the kids through first, and then Jasmene and I went through. The cave was very open until the last 15 feet. Those last 15 feet you were crawling on your hands and knees weaving through the rocks. I had to count to 10 before I started that part. It was a little hard for me. Though Jasmene and I were laughing so hard because we both kept getting stuck so that helped. It was really fun, and I am very glad that I made myself go through it.

The last night we were there it rained very hard. I like to camp, but I have decided that I don't like to camp in the rain. Everything and everyone was so muddy and wet. So that part was not fun at all. We came home and had to re-set up the tent and everything else to dry out. Thank you Bryan and Jasmene for inviting us! We had a great time! It was really nice to have a little fun before school started. Summer just went so fast with everything we had going on. So it was so nice to just get away and be our little family!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I agree that camping in the rain is not fun! It rained the ENTIRE time we were at girls camp this year. It's hard to get warm when you and all your clothes are wet. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!

Montana Grandma said...

Looks like you had alot of fun, glad it was you going down into the cave and not me! Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow. Love you tons