Monday, October 5, 2009

What have you been up too?

So the kids have been asking for another dog. Josh and I are just not ready yet so at first we got them fish. That was fun for like a day, then they started asking again for a dog. I told the girls that maybe santa would bring one. So this is our new pet!!! (Just kidding!) This is a bat that decided to make our front porch its home. He/She was just sleeping there. The bat itself was no bigger then a golf ball. The kids thought it was great!
Josh had the last week off of work. We decided to just stay in town and play at home. Sometimes that is just as much fun! Since the weather has been not so crazy hot we have been going to the park a lot more. The kids love it! We went and got some food and went to the park for a picnic and played that is until the sprinklers came on and got us all wet.
Sadie was all about pulling silly faces that day! I couldn't get her to just smile. I caught Ethan giving Josh a kiss. Ethan like to give OPEN mouth kisses. Hopefully that will stop before he turns 16!
My brother John and his wife Robin were in Vegas, so they came for a visit. It was so much fun seeing them. We haven't seen them in a long time. The kids had a great time with them too. Sadie was so excited when we told her that they live near Tinker Bells house. She just couldn't believe that. It was so funny!
We went to the splash pad! This one of our favorties! The kids LOVE it.
Emma loves Ethan so much. All the girls love him, but Emma is always holding him. Sometimes even when Ethan doesn't want to be held! Skinny boy!!! Ethan is in 6-9 month clothes. The swimming suit he has on is a 3-6 month one. Sometimes it is just so sad.
Ethan is now 14 months old and he is still not walking. Though he doesn't really crawl on his knees anymore. He is doing this lovely crawl. We have been calling it the mowgli (from Jungle Book) Maybe someday he will stand up and walk. Though with he being so small he is going to look even littler walking.
The kids all just love to be in the water, though what kids don't like to be in the water! One of many free things to do here. I thought that the water was a little cold, but the kids loved it. I love getting pictures of the kids when they don't see me taking a picture. To me those are some of the best pictures!
Ethan was watching TV with Josh. Sweet boy fell asleep doing it. Watching TV is very hard work.
So there is a little of what we have been doing! Adopting a new pet :) running around in the water, swing on swings, playing with family, giving kisses, and lets not forget the most important part taking naps!

7 comments:

Montana Grandma said...

Sarah, you write beautifully. Your way with words is wonderful and your blog is great, it makes me miss you all very much but I am so very happy you do it so I can keep up! I can't write on Tigger's part, it still makes me cry as I am sure it does to you also. Your picture with John is great, you both look wonderful.

Kim said...

Not to worry.
Logan was 16 months before he started walking. Once they start, they never stop!
You all look so great. :)

Amber said...

Oh, so much fun! And your kids are just too stinking cute! FANTASTIC photos! LOVE them all!! :D {Oh yeah, and our Ethan didn't start walking till he was almost 15 months.. he skipped the mowgli phase, though.} ;)

Lindsay said...

What beautiful pictures!!! Your kids are ALL gorgeous...

Looks like you're all having so much fun in Vegas - I miss you!

Jennie said...

You look amazing Sarah! I'm so jealous. Maybe someday I'll be skinny again!

You all look like you are having so much fun. I'm glad you got to see your brother. I miss you sooo much. Are you coming up for Christmas or just chilling where it's warm?

Travis and Celena said...

I loved water growing up. I remember going swimming pretty much every day during the summer.

Melissa G said...

You have a beautiful family. It looks like you all had a great time with daddy while he was off work.
We have an Ethan too. He's 8 months old.