Hey everyone, YES we are still around! We have been just so crazy the past two months! Surgery, Disneyland, the Beach, Seeing Santa, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday's, and the New Year! SOOOOO much!
Surgery: It went well! I am back on my feet and feeling for the most part really good! We only had one little bump in the road. One of my incisions open back up and I had a pretty bad infection for a couple of days. Now everything is healed up and I am doing well.
Disneyland: Only 3 weeks after my surgery we packed up the kids and took them to Disneyland! I know not the best timing, but we had already had the trip planned before we found out about my surgery. It was so much fun! The kids are at great ages to go and everyone had so much fun. The first day we were there is was very nice. The second day it rained on us the whole day. It wasn't just a little rain too it was dumping! We still went out in it, well that is until we all were so wet and cold we just couldn't take anymore. When we got back to our rooms everyone and everything was soaking wet! Shoes and all! I sat on the bathroom floor and dried our shoes with my hair dryer. The third and last day we were there it was nice again. Cold, but really nice. Lily is now tall enough to ride all the rides! She was so excited about it and ran Josh around like crazy going on everything. The first night we were there the park stayed open until midnight, but around 10:30 everyone was tired and ready to go back to the room except Lily. So Josh stayed with her and they didn't get back to the room until almost 1! She ran her daddy crazy! (Though Josh said it was fun and well worth it!)
The Beach: While we were in CA we really wanted to take the kids to the beach. We knew that it would probably be cold and that we couldn't get in the water, but still its the beach! The kids had a blast! It was really cold/windy but a lot of fun. Lily and Emma gathered sea shells the whole time. Sadie just ran around. Ethan thought the sand was so much fun though a little hard to walk in.
Thanksgiving: We had a nice Thanksgiving at the Brummetts! I didn't take many pictures which I was a little sad about later. Grandma made a very nice dinner and everyone had a good time! Thank you Grandma Brummett!
Santa: Every year you have to go sit on Santa's lap. The girls were excited about seeing him. Though Lily told me that she was a little old to sit on Santa's lap. I told her that she is never to old. Ethan wasn't to sure about sitting on his lap though what baby is! Just one of those great pass times!
Birthday: Emma's had her 6th Birthday! They just grow up way to fast! It was a very simple little thing. She wanted to have a little party with her girlfriends at the house. Josh had to work so I did 9 kids by myself. (I am not sure if I will do that again) Everyone had a great time, and Emma LOVED it! Happy Birthday EMMA we love you!
Christmas: Christmas was so much fun this year! Though I say that every year! All the kids still believe, though we are starting to push it with Lily. She had a lot more questions this year. We had our family Christmas on Christmas Eve because that night we drove up to my brothers to spend Christmas with my family. So Santa came one day early at our house. It was great! Everyone loved everything they got! We told the kids that they were aloud to go out and look, but NOT to touch anything until Josh and I got up. Lily was so excited that she got up at 3 and went and sat by the Christmas tree. About 4 she went and got up Sadie and Emma. Then at 6 all the kids came in and got us up! Josh and I weren't to excited about getting up so early, but I remember doing the same thing when I was little. It was always so hard to sleep that night!
The NEW Year: Josh's mom's Birthday is the 31st so we all surprised her this year with a surprised Birthday party. She was surprised to see all of us! We also had Emma's party with the family. It was a night of fun a lot of goodies and opening presents! We put our kids to bed early. My mother-in-law and I went up the hill and watched the fireworks. Every year they do fireworks off the tops of the hotels on the strip. It was pretty cool!
Busy, busy, busy!!!! We hope everyone is doing well and had a great Holiday!! We have enjoyed it all! Life just never slows down and really I don't want it too!
2010 watch out because here we come!!!



4 comments:
THe kids are so lucky to have you and Josh for parents, they get to do so much and you can see how happy they are doing it with all of you together, never lose that. I love you all very much and loved Christmas, spending time with all my grandkids.
Busy little family but it sounds like you had a whole lot of fun. I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and you ended the year with a bash.
Hey Sarah! I am so glad we were able to talk last week. I haven't seen you in so long! Your kids are adorable!
I'm so glad you posted! It's fun to see what you guys have been up to the last little while. Such fun pictures - and Disney Land looks like it was a blast for you guys. (Josh totally looks like he's having just as much fun as the kids on those rides!) Glad to hear everything is going well.
Post a Comment