So our primary does spotlights every week on a different kid. Because of the new year they had all the kids fill out the spotlight paper again. They gave one to all the kids to take home and fill out!
Last Saturday I helped the girls fill them out. They ask....
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite Primary song?
Hobbies/Talents?
What is your favorite thing you do with your family?
What is your favorite family vacation?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
and a bunch more!!!!!
So I first helped Emma. She surprised me with the "What do you want to be when you grow up?" question. She said that she really wants to be a doctor! Which if you know Emma at all you would know that is something a little out of character of her. I think that it is great but just a little out there. She has always wanted to be FAMOUS!!! As soon as I told her you have to go to a lot of years of school she wasn't to sure anymore. (Emma doesn't like school and she is only in Kindergarten)
Then I helped Lily she pretty much did it all herself. I just helped her spell words that were a little to hard for her. Everything with her was what I thought.
Then I sat down with Sadie! I started asking her the questions and she was answering them like I thought she would.
What is your favorite color? Pink
What is your favorite food? Pancakes
What is your favorite primary song? I am a child of God
Hobbies/Talents? She loves to play with her friends, and enjoys school, playing with her My Little Ponies.
What is her favorite thing to do with the family? Sunday pancakes
What is her favorite family vacation? Disneyland
What do you want to be when you grow up? "RICH" I just looked at her and said, "Sadie, what did you say?"
"Mom, I want to be RICH when I grow up!"
"Do you know what that means, Sadie?"
"Yes, I want to have A LOT OF MONEY!!!"
So I wrote it down! I showed Josh and he laughed really hard. We are not sure where she got that. We don't talk about how much money we have in front of the kids, and we are very FAR from being RICH. You have to love what comes out of kids months!
Sadie....we love you and we hope that you become what you would like too! Just remember who changed all your dirty butts when you were little! :) I love that girl!!!
6 comments:
I read that and laughed all over again! Sadie is too funny!
so funny the things you never know little kids know!
so I was thinking...Mesquite isn't so far that I couldn't take a day trip one of these weekends to come visit you guys. My parents wanted to visit some of their friends in St. George. The kids and I could just hitch a ride, if you wouldn't be apposed to us hanging out all day!
Thanks for the laugh on a really crappy day! I want to be rich too :)
That's the way to do it. Have rich kids to take care of you the rest of your life. ;0) Little kids say the funniest thing and then it really throws you off when they know what they are talking about.
That's great, she can take care of her Grandma if she (grandma) lives that long! Can't wait to see you all in two days. Love you.
Ha! She knows what's good for her! What a funny girl!
Post a Comment