Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 6, 2010

Lily was baptized! Saturday was filled with happy tears, a lot of smiles and so much fun! Our oldest girl become a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

Josh and I can't believe that Lily is that old! She is become such a beautiful young women!

The day was so amazing! We had a lot of family come into town for it. After we all came to our house and had a party! It was tons of fun! Lily enjoyed having everyone here. Thank you all so much for coming to Lily's special day! It meant so much to her and us. (I took tons of pictures and will post those later, and thank you mom for helping out so much. Your the best!) After we said our goodbyes and the house was quite again, Josh and I went into Lily's room to say goodnight to her! Josh was talking to her and telling her how proud we were of her. Lily started to tear up! I looked at her an asked if she was ok? She said yes, but she didn't know why she was crying. I told her that it was the spirt and sometimes if makes us feel so good that we cry! By then I was crying. Josh and I went and sat down in the living room after saying our good nights and I started to cry. I am just so proud of Lily and couldn't believe that she is already 8. I told Josh that she is just growing up way to fast! I have worried that we have taught her right. Have we giving her the tools to get through things in life. Lily is starting to not need me as much. I just wasn't prepaid for this yet. I find myself looking at all the kids like that! I now hold onto every moment I can. I just wish I would have been better about doing that before!

Lily, we are so proud of you! Heavenly Father loves you so much, and are so happy that you decided to make this choice. You are such a good example to your sisters and brother. We love you Lily! You are a amazing daughter of God! He loves you is will always be there for you! Hold strong to the iron rod. You will be blessed in so many ways for holding strong. Never give up, and we will always be there for you!

We love you Lily!!!!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

She looks so beautiful! I love her dress. You can just see her face shining and her eyes twinkle. I so wish I could've been there for her special day. I think you are doing an amazing job with her.

Jennie said...

Oh, I almost forgot. I really like your hair too.

Amy said...

How amazing! What a special day. I love the dress and your new hair coloer!!!

Lindsay said...

She looks so beautiful (as do you, might I add!). Her dress is perfect. I'm so glad everything went so well - tell her we're proud of her. Love you guys!

Travis and Celena said...

That is awesome! Congrats.

Amy said...

She's so beautiful! What a beautiful dress as well. SHe was so brave to bear her testimony too:)