Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sadie Girl

Our sweet Sadie got glasses!
One of my very good friends pointed out to me one day that Sadie's speech was not that good for someone her age. Once I started really listing to her I noticed that she was having problems. So we took her in and had all the tests done. When it came to her eye exam she failed it. So then it was off to the eye doctor! We were sad to find out that Sadie's eyes are going bad already. The doctor told us that he usually never sees children this young because of bad eye site. Normal it was because of a lazy eyes. The doctor said that more then likely Sadie's eyes will get worse and they will get worse FAST!!!! I just sat there and tried to take it all in. I asked if she could go blind eventually. He said he didn't know and that time will tell!
So for right now we are just living with our faith that her eyes won't quit on her! I try not to think about it to much because when I do I get upset of thinking that she could one day be blind. In our house we now go by......"Live for TODAY, not for Tomorrow!" So we are living for today, and never giving up! We love you Sadie no matter what happens!!!! (and I think that she is the cuties girl in glasses ever)

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

She really is super cute in glasses!!! Seems like more and more kids are popping up with them...what's up with that?! She looks like she feels like a princess. Good luck not losing the glasses, and keeping them unbroken. :)

Kim said...

Definitely C U T E. Sorry to hear it could get worse. Keep us posted.

Jennie said...

She looks so cute!

Becky said...

What a cute little girl! Hopefully, by the time anything more serious could happen our technological world will have advanced far enough to be able to prevent or correct it.
I like your home motto--there are just so many things that could happen to any of us on any day that we have to just cherish each day we have.

Amy said...

She is adorable! She will get used to them and be fine.

Rachel said...

She is darling! Savannah just got glasses right before Christmas and for being only 4 years old she really does take great care of them. We only had one incident of losing them. (knock on wood) And I love how tough and childproof the frames and lenses are...she has dropped them a few times and Chase our little man likes to steal them and throw them across the room (gotta love 2 yr olds) and still no scratches!

Amy said...

Sadie does look cute in glasses. What an inspiring mantra you have. That is certainly daunting to think of what the futer might hold for her. It would make me want to show her everything right now!