When ever I have heard the word "Menopause" I would think of my mom or aunt. Never in a million years did I ever think that I would be on the phone with my doctor and have him say "Sarah, you are starting to go through menopause!" "WHAT?????" Since my hysterectomy I haven't felt myself. It has only been 6 months since it, but something just didn't seem right. I decided to go and see my doctor about it. We talked, he checked a few things, took blood, and I have some more tests next month. After I was done he said "I will call you with the results as soon as they come in." Sounds great! He said that he really didn't think that the problem was menopause because I was so young and NORMAL women my age don't go through it this early. Well he should of never said NORMAL. If anyone knows anything about me it's that I NEVER do things that are NORMAL. So long story short.........YES I AM GOING THROUGH MENOPAUSE!!!
I am 28 and I am going through it. I have the hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, really tired, my hair falls out by the hand fulls. Out of 35 symptoms I have 28 of them!!! So fun!!! My girl friend laughs at me everytime I have a hot flash. At first it kind of bugged me but now I have decided there is no other way to look at this, but laugh! I keep telling her that she can laugh all she wants now but when she goes through it and I am done.....I am going to laugh at her! :) (Love you Jasmene)
I am sure not every day is going to be easy. I have already cried about it twice now. I am 28 years old and I feel like every part of me that is a women is very quickly going away. All my parts are gone, and now this. My doctor wants me on something we just haven't figured out what would be the best yet. I know this is going to be a hard/long road but I am trying to just take it one day at a time. I am trying really had to keep my mood swings down for my kids sake. Josh has said that they haven't been too bad yet. So lets pray I can keep it under control. Its a lot harder then it sounds. So don't mind me every now and then. As its said on one of my favorite shows ever "HORMONES!!!"
5 comments:
Wow! Seriously? Do they think it's from your surgery? I'm sorry Sarah. It's got to be hard dealing with small children that already stress a typical person without having to deal with the added hormones of it. I love you and think about you often. Good luck my friend!
Oh my goodness Sarah! I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you the best in this new challange. Ethan is so cute, by the way.
Bless your heart! That happened to my mom too after her hysterectomy. NOT FUN! But on the up side when the rest of your peers are miserable and sweating with it you'll be way done. Your retirement years are gonna be a breeze! Not that that makes it any easier now. I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts and wishes your way.
Have you ever realized that all of the hardships that women go through have something to do with men? menopaus menstraiton, Pre menstral syndrome, guynocology, hystorectomy . . .weird huh:)
Hang in there:)
:( Bummer. At least you'll get it out of the way I guess. We all have to do it sometime...but your wrong about all the stuff that makes you a woman being gone. Your spirit makes you a woman. You are a beautiful, capable woman, and stronger than most of the rest of us I'd wager. Hugs to you.
Post a Comment