In our house it has felt like it's been raining. With all of the set backs we have had with our little Ethan. Our worst came about 3 weeks ago now. It was Sunday after church and I was getting ready to fix something for dinner. Ethan just had his diaper changed and asked for some more juice. He felt a little warm so I followed him back to the couch to take his temp. As soon as I got to him I right away noticed something was very wrong. I quickly told Josh to come here, and as soon as Josh picked up Ethan my heart sank in my stomach. Ethan was having a seizure! I through my shoes on and Josh held Ethan while I drove as fast as I could to the hospital.
As soon as we got there they took us right back and started working on him. His seizure lasted about 5 minutes. The longest 5 minutes of my life. As the nurses and doctor hooked him up and asked questions. I sat next to the bed and held his little hand. Ethan's little eyes were open and he was look at me, but he wasn't responding to anything or anyone. I sat holding his hand and crying and praying that Heavenly Father wouldn't take him yet. I kept asking why he wasn't responding and no one would really answer me. Ethan was laying on that hospital bed, and there was NOTHING I could do.
After about 25 minutes Ethan started to come back to us. He started talking. He sat up. After about 4 more hours they let us take Ethan home. That night I couldn't bear to let him out of my arms. The doctors think that he probably had his seizure because of all his growth hormone problems. So right away we were able to get him on his meds. When that brown box showed up at the house it was mixed emotions in the house. Happy, sad, scared, un-sure, and so many more.
Ethan has been on his injections for a week and a half now. We haven't seen much change yet. He has been sleeping a lot more. As well as his eating has picked up these past couple of days.
Ethan is not out of the woods yet. The doctors are still worried that he could have another seizure as well as his heart is still struggling.
Though we might have more storms to go through, this one had a rainbow at the end of it. Ethan is on his meds and we are taking one step at a time.
9 comments:
How scary! Your poor baby.
We'll keep praying for you all.
This is Kim by the way....:)
Oh my goodness. I cried reading about your experience and I can't imagine what you went through. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we hope everything will get better.
You are all still in my prayers and I think of you often. I hope things improve quickly and Ethan gets to a good place.
Oh Sarah. I can't imagine how scared you must have been. It makes me want to go hold my kids while they sleep, too! I hope things settle down for you all!
Just reading your story brought tears to my eyes and breaks my heart. I can't even imagine how hard this must be. I hope that the medicine will help him and that he will be healthy. Best of luck to you!
Oh honey. There is nothing worse than watching a child and not being able to help. I am so sorry. We will pray for you!
I know this is an old post but I just want to say . . . I hate seizures.
I hope that by now that medicine is really making a difference.
Hey Sarah, it's Dave. Just wanted to say I was thinking about you today. We will continue to pray for Ethan and your family! We love you guys.
Post a Comment