Friday, April 1, 2011

Mom, you are old!

So a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I thought it would be fun to do something fun with all of our kids on Friday night. So we got all 8 of them (yes, we know that is way to many kids) got pizza like we always do on Fridays. I had found "Harry and the Henderson's" on netflix's. Both Jasmen and I were so excited about watching it because we both grew up watching that movie.

We were feeding the kids and my oldest Lily tunes to me and says this.......
"Mom, what movie are we watching?"
"Lily, we are going to watch Harry and the Henderson's! It is a movie I grew up watching. It is a great movie."
Lily looked right at me and said this.........
"Mom, is the movie in black and white?"
I started laughing so hard. I told her NO. I asked her how old she thought I was. She just looked at me and said "Mom, you are old."

So my 9 year old now thinks I am old, and that I don't understand how it is to be 9! Oh so much fun. I love my kids! :)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ha! Lily is so funny! McKenzie asked me last month if I lived in the black and whites when I was a kid. Apparently she thought that life was actually colorless. :)

Amy said...

Hey old woman:) You know how I found I am possible your visiting teacher? Because when they called to ask if I had done my vting for the month she said I know you haven't seen Sarah because she told me you hadn't visited her.
I said, I don't visit teach Sarah. She said, well it's on my list.
So I guess I'll come see you this month:)
I'm glad to have a reason to do so.

Ruth said...

I found your blog via magic foundation. First off I am LDS Too. I knew from just looking at your family picture. I have a daughter on growth hormone, she is 1. She has panhypopituitarism. We have insurance nightmare as well. it's just awful. What is little Ethans diagnosis? He is so cute. I would love to know more, if you don't mind.
My email is ruthschultz@pan-ami.com.

Kelli said...

I love Harry and the Hendersons!!! That cracks me up! Hope all is well with you and little Ethan! If you ever need anything I am not too far away! And I have more time this summer too! Take care dear!